LEGAL HELP FOR AUTO ACCIDENT VICTIMS
At Hughes Law Firm, P.A., we understand that automobile accidents can and do happen. According to the latest statistics from the Florida Department of Transportation, tragically, in 2017, there were 2,924 people killed in Florida car accidents. That same year, over 166,612 people were also injured. When an automobile accident occurs, it can negatively affect your health, your family, your job and your quality of life. A Car Accident Lawyer can help if a Florida resident finds themselves a victim of someone else’s negligence.
Compensation may become available either through the negligent party’s insurance company and, in some instances, your own insurance company, by presenting a claim for uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) motor vehicle benefits. We can recover for your losses, including past and future medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
For nearly 25 years, Howard Hughes, Esq., at Hughes Law Firm, P.A., has helped car accident victims seek just compensation for themselves and their loved ones. Our attorneys are skilled and trustworthy advocates for auto accident victims. We will support you throughout the legal process. If you have been injured as a result of the negligence of another, call us at 561.296.9400 for a free consultation to discuss your claim with a Florida Car Accident Lawyer.
WHAT TYPES OF AUTO ACCIDENT CASES DO WE HANDLE?
We represent clients involved in automobile, motorcycle, bicycle and trucking accidents caused by:
- Distracted Driving – Drivers who fail to pay attention to the roadway put others in danger. Texting, talking on a cell phone, using a GPS, and putting on makeup while driving, are just some of the distractions that can lead to accidents.
- Reckless Driving – Excessive speeding or failing to follow traffic rules can result in devastating collisions. We examine police reports and witness testimony to substantiate your claim.
- Drunk or Impaired Driving – There is no excuse for taking the wheel when impaired by alcohol or drugs. Our attorneys go after drunk or impaired drivers who put others’ lives at risk.
- Weather Conditions – Rain, fog or other weather conditions can create challenges for drivers and can affect the functionality of cars. When weather is a factor, we work to show how much of the accident was a result of the driver’s failure to use due care in light of the conditions and how much was avoidable.
- Defective Auto Parts or Products – Automakers who fail to alert their customers of defects can be held responsible for their negligence. Also, if a driver doesn’t attempt to remedy a known problem with their vehicle and/or fail to maintain their vehicle, the may face repercussions when they cause an accident.
We also assist pedestrians and their families who are injured or killed as a result of a driver’s negligence.
Injuries suffered as a result of these types of accidents can be severe and life altering. Hughes Law Firm, P.A. understands your needs and are here to help you navigate through your ordeal and obtain just compensation for your injuries.
We are an experienced Florida personal injury firm. Our attorneys are experienced in auto accident litigation. Florida residents have trusted the Hughes Law Firm for many years. Why? Because our auto accident attorneys have the knowledge and experience to get you the results you deserve.
Our Florida personal injury firm can represent you as an car accident lawyer with a combination of courtroom skills and work ethic, leading to the results that our clients deserve. Our firm is a highly accomplished personal injury firm. Our success has allowed us to attract and retain some of the most accomplished and competent trial lawyers in this field of law.
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF AN AUTO ACCIDENT
- Call the police and be sure to get a copy of the police report;
- Exchange contact and insurance information with all involved parties:
- Full name and contact information
- Insurance company
- License plate number
- Type, color and model of vehicle
- Location of accident
- Full names and phone numbers of any witnesses
- Take photos of all vehicles involved in accident
- If you are hurt go to your local hospital or doctor’s office as soon as possible. Tell them that you have been in an auto accident and fully describe all of your injuries;
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible;
- Contact a personal injury attorney.
DO YOU REALLY NEED AN ATTORNEY?
After being involved in an accident, you may think, “Why do I need an attorney?” or that hiring an attorney will be a hassle. The truth is a Personal Injury Attorney will protect your important legal rights and help prevent an insurance company from taking advantage of you. Without adequate representation, you could be stuck with unpaid medical bills, lost wages and permanent losses and injuries without just compensation. If you have been in an auto accident and you are injured, you need legal counsel. A personal injury attorney will help you with with your injury claim, your property damage claim, as well as dealing with the insurance companies and the claim process. Your attorney will make sure that you understand and guide you throughout the entire process and provide you with the maximum amount of legal guidance and assistance you in dealing with all medical providers, insurance companies and agents.
Talk to an Attorney Before Accepting an Insurance Settlement. Insurance companies routinely attempt to discount injury claim settlements, while we fight for our clients and the settlement that they deserve. You should not rely on an insurance company to offer you a fair settlement that truly reflects the full extent of your injuries or losses. Insurance Companies may seem friendly or accommodating when they are talking with you, but they are truly not looking out for your best interests. The goal of the insurance companies is to settle for as little as possible. That is why you need a law firm that can battle the insurance companies and the strategies they use to minimize your case and settlement payment.
Accident and Injury Cases. Accidents and injuries that result from all kinds of causes happen every day throughout Palm Beach, St. Lucie and Broward Counties. They vary from auto accidents to boating accidents, medical malpractice, slip and fall incidents, deliberate criminal attacks, and more.
Call Hughes Law Firm, P.A. for Immediate Legal Assistance. If you need a knowledgeable and responsive personal injury attorney, you can be confidently contact Hughes Law Firm, P.A. Not only will you receive the skill and commitment that is necessary from one of our attorneys, you will also receive the support our dedicated team of investigators, legal assistants, and other support staff who have the same goal: to help you recover a fair settlement for the injuries that you have incurred. Contact us and we can arrange for a free consultation at our Jupiter or Port St. Lucie office.
Hughes Law Firm, P.A. has successfully handled a large variety of negligence cases throughout Florida, and in some cases, outside the State, and have obtained successful results for their clients and their families. An experienced car accident lawyer will discuss your situation and go over the options available to you. Our Attorneys and staff will work with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case to make sure all your needs are handled appropriately.